question

timspower avatar image
timspower asked

Phoenix multiplus compact 12v 2000. When plugged into shoreline the charger just keeps running, even tho batteries are completely full. Am I missing something? I thought it should cut off once the batteries reach a certain voltage.

Phoenix multiplus compact 12v 2000. When plugged into shoreline the charger just keeps running, even tho batteries are completely full. Am I missing something? I thought it should cut off once the batteries reach a certain voltage. Its the model without charge lights, eg absorption float etc. I just want to set it so that I can leave it plugged in so the ac comes through, and when the batteries are full the charge stops. Is this possible or do I need to just unplug it? Sorry if this is a daft question! Many thanks

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Provided the Multiplus was programmed correctly to charge your batteries, the fact that it stays on is perfectly normal. Once the batteries reaches a full state of charge, the Multi will reduce the amount of power it pushes into the batteries, only maintaining the battery. Again, provided the charge parameters are set correctly, you would be able to leave it plugged in without a problem

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

You can program it with either jumper settings or with a mark 3 adapter. Though yours might be old enough you need a m2. I would check the firmware version first

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic