question

pierresmits avatar image
pierresmits asked

VRM Dashboard animation thresholds

I have a small installation on a small boat connected to the VRM portal. And I like animations like the next best user. My installation (due to position of the solar panel, and the location of the boat) produces most of the times a power lower than 30 watts. When this occurs the animation on the VRM dashboard isn't happening.

screenshot-2023-07-29-at-134147.pngWhen the solar outputs higher than 30w, the animation appears

screenshot-2023-07-29-at-134131.png

The same applies to the battery side in the dashboard: animation does not appear when the in-flow is less than 31 watts, and the tile does not show 'charging', but displays 'idle'.

It seems there are thresholds involved.
Can these be set to a lower level?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @PierreSmits,

You're correct that there is a 30 W threshold for the animation.

I've just asked the team on your behalf if this can be reduced.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pierresmits avatar image pierresmits commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ pierresmits commented ·
Hi @PierreSmits

This has been reduced to 10W

1 Like 1 ·
pierresmits avatar image
pierresmits answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager),

Thank you for your interventions in this matter. This now shows nicely in VRM. However, when going to the remote console I see that the animation is not the same (using VenusOs 3.10). There the animation of the flows (from PV to battery and from battery to load) is only visible when the power is above 30W.

Could you take this up with the dev team (working on r3.20)?

Best regards, and thanks in advance.
Pierre

2 |3000

luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

I have the same "issue". While it does not affect the ESS installation at home, it does for my camper van. It would be great to have a configuration option for the threshold on the GX device.

2 |3000