question

Lee Stauffer avatar image
Lee Stauffer asked

Multiplus in RV with Lithium batteries won't charge

We have a Multiplus 3000 with a 12V 300AH Lithium battery bank (Battle Born brand). Also has 350W solar panels and a Smart 100/30 Charge controller. Recently ran the batteries low enough that the Multiplus shut off. Continued to pull house 12VDC current to run the furnace etc., which eventually pulled the batteries low enough that they shut themselves off (built in BMS). The next morning, fired up the generator, but the Multiplus would not come on. Later, when the sun came up, the batteries charged enough that they turned back on. Wala! The Multiplus came on.

Is there a setting whereby I can force the Multiplus to come on even if it detects no batteries?

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Lee Stauffer

What age / version of the Multiplus do you have?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Lee Stauffer,
without knowing the details of the installation and the settings in the Multi it is not possible to say why it does not work as expected

I would advise you to contact a Victron dealer if you do not know who your dealer is, please visit https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Lee Stauffer avatar image
Lee Stauffer answered ·

It is a brand new Multiplus. I made sure all the firmware was updated. I emailed the local dealer I bought this from, and got no response. Perhaps I need to re-state the question:

-Is there a setting on the Multiplus that allows the charger to come on, even when no batteries are detected?

2 |3000

Related Resources