question

fredrik-toennesen avatar image
fredrik-toennesen asked

multiplus

I'm trying to install 2 multiplus 12/2000/80 in 2 phase system to run my camper(50 amp plug). I've wired it up according to the guide. Ive measured several points and have consistent 13.2 v from battery all to the units. 1st one turns on fine, but both trip alarm when the 2nd unit is turned on. Even without the load it does the same. i have 2 12v 200ah dakota lithium batteries( tried both paralell and in series with same results) the solar panels are not connected, just the batteries so that i can test everything first. Any help would be appreciated

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You need to configure the Multis to work in a split-phase configuration. This requires an MK3 to USB adapter.

An overview of multi-phase and parallel configuration can be found here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

More details can be found here:

9.1 - Three-phase and parallel system theory

9.2 - Three-phase & Parallel installation

You need to create free login for victron professional. The training sessions are highly recommended.

If in doubt, it is highly recommended to hire someone with Victron multiple VE.Bus inverter/charger design and installation experience.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.