question

kw4np avatar image
kw4np asked

Three Phase Quattro System Error 11 and 13

During a thunderstorm, all three of the Quattros in the three phase system shut down and started flashing error codes 11 and 13. Restarting did not resolve the error. Turned off switches and left overnight, and in the morning everything booted up properly. Quattros are protected with SPDs and well grounded. The SPDs had not blown. But of course now the customer is worried that it will happen again. And I'm wondering what error code 13 is for as it's omitted in the list here.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargererrorerror 11
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@KW4NP

Can you add a picture of what you are seeing on the system?

0 Likes 0 ·
kw4np avatar image kw4np Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra Here's a picture and video of the issue. I wasn't able to get anything from the Cerbo GX as I wasn't on site and internet was down with the power.

whatsapp-image-2023-08-01-at-212014.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@KW4NP

Ok so error 11 - is because of the current/voltage on ground. Expected because lightning.

Not sure where you got error 13 from?

There are 3 led codes there.

The other two are caused by the emp most likely from the lightning.

One is an EPROM error.

The other is error 2 an mk3 error also likely because of the emp mixing up things a bit.

Both are likely the reason there is nothing on the GX.

Shutting down would have cleared the brain fuzz. Preventing that is difficult not really avoidable unless you can direct lighning elsewhere.

Doesn't always have to be a direct strike to cause a bit of heart stoppage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.