question

alia-rahim avatar image
alia-rahim asked

Cerbo GX not producing alarm for Generator Not Detected At Ac Input

We have a system that has been installed over a year now. Normally when the generator doesn't run (due to mechanical issues), VRM will give out notification via the app and email saying Generator Not Detected at AC Input. We have the capability to remote reset the fault and generator will run, alarm goes away.

All of a sudden VRM doesn't give out notification anymore when the generator isn't running. (We have a third party device that give us the alarm as a backup)

Firmware version is 2.84 and no auto updates enabled.

Recently there are more of our installed sites that comes up with the same issue. The firmware versions are 2.84, 2.85 & 2.89.

Has anybody come across this and what is the possible solution?

cerbo gxGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alia Rahim

I once had a customer disable auto alarms and warnings on the VRM.

This stopped all grid lost notifications from the GX, so might be something to check.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I would sugest that you bring all fw version for the cerbo and the inverters upto there latest versions of fw, as the vrm has had a few large updates I believe thus new fw may fix the issue.

you wont know until you try the new fw

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.