question

janlerouxrsa avatar image
janlerouxrsa asked

Cerbo GX - DC Load does not show

Good Day,

I have a Cerbo GX. Connected to it is a Hubble AM2 Lithium Battery, Smart Shunt 500 and 150/50 Blue Solar Controler. The Cerbo picks up all the devices. The problem is that the DC load does not show. If I plug out the coms cable to the battery the DC load shows. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I need the battery to be connected so that the charger and battery can talk to each other.

cerbo gxSmartShuntdc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Go to the menu screen, select system set up, then scroll down till you get to the setting "Has DC System" and enable this setting then the Cerbo will report the DC loads. The DC loads are calculated from the difference of what is measured by the solar controller and the shunt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Supra-Halbleiter avatar image
Supra-Halbleiter answered ·

Hi! Did you configure the battery DIP switches according to the documentation? If not you can find it here: https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/victron

3 comments
2 |3000

janlerouxrsa avatar image janlerouxrsa commented ·
Yes I did. The Cerbo picks up the battery just fine. The problem is with the display of the DC load.
0 Likes 0 ·
Supra-Halbleiter avatar image Supra-Halbleiter janlerouxrsa commented ·

OK. You provided little information about your configuration. I don't own any hardware yet, but I know the shunt can be set to different roles. You might want to check that setting.

0 Likes 0 ·
janlerouxrsa avatar image janlerouxrsa Supra-Halbleiter commented ·

Thank You.

Under Settings - System settings - Battery Monitor I had to select the Smart Shunt.

Thanx

1 Like 1 ·
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

Is SmartSuite showing devices list and do you have it set as battery monitor ? (you may have select it instead just automatic as when you unplug battery bms comm lead in automatic battery monitor is selecting next battery monitor i.e. your SmartSuite ( it look as if bms comm is stopping Dc power from showing )

under battery measurements you can make them visible or not i.e. SmartSuite - battery bms on the VRM page

2 |3000