question

bosvark avatar image
bosvark asked

3 phase system with different model inverters - possible?

Hi all

Please check if my logic is correct for a 3 phase system. This is just to understand victron systems a bit better.

1. Two Multi's on the first two phases and a Quattro on one phase, the inverters are linked via comms cable to colour control.

2. A single battery bank

3. MPPT's feeding 48V to battery bank and all three inverters. MPPT's linked via comms to colour control

4. AC-in 1 on all three inverters connected to grid. AC-in 2 on the quattro reserved for future genserator input.

5. AC-out 2 (secondary output) on all three act as the grid tied solar, will be off when the grid is off. Will feed three phase power during the day from solar

6. AC-out 1 (main output, no break) connected to a separate circuit carrying essential loads. This output is only wired from the quattro, for single phase backup, but can be wired from all three for 3 phase backup.

What is want to achieve from this system is 3-phase grid tied solar with battery backup on a separate circuit.

TIA

3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Bosvark

it is not possible to combine different model units in a multi-unit (parallel / multi-phase)system, read this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bosvark avatar image bosvark commented ·

Thank you for pointing that out.

When using the same inverters on all phases does the rest of my question regarding wiring and backup circuits pass as correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Bos. Your needs might be easily satisfied with a (non-Victron) 3~ ac-coupled inverter (export needs easily done too). Add batts and a Multi as a client hanging off one phase serving what seems to be a need for UPS functionality on that 'separate' circuit.

Please pardon me if I've misinterpreted your aims..

2 |3000