question

solartech avatar image
solartech asked

I want to have stabilised 8000Watt @48V output DC to run equipment for 6h as UPS unit

I need to have stabilised 8000Watt DC output @48V to run equipment for at least 6 hours on lithium batteries, what are the right victron equipment and setup should I use? The DC power source should work as DC UPS system with solar input , grid input and diesel generator input

dc systemups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Quatro 48/10000 (min, better the 15000VA version) plus with roughly 1300-1500Ah of batteries which should give you an Autonomy of 6-7 hours

For solar I would install a mixed system, hence a RS45/100 (5,6kW) for DC coupling minimal but also a Fronius Primo with 8kW ACout coupled.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solartech avatar image solartech commented ·

Thanks , but how to get the 48V DC output ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

You will need a Quattro 15 KVa a 60KWh battery bank to start. You can add solar later after getting information from local as I am not sure what the solar resource is in your area.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

He wants a DC output, not AC.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You should look for a local Victron dealer/installer to discuss your system design, the community is not the right place for that.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

That is also mentioned in the community guidelines.

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@solartech

Definitely nothing in Victron unless maybe if you stack a bunch of dc to dc converters... I forsee plenty headaches there.

You are talking 160/170A or around there continuous. Not a small feat.

You will be looking for a big PSU for that. And it is still not likely to work off DC 48v either even from China. It will work AC to DC for that kind of power.

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Hmmm, I have still some older IBM Server (335 and such) running and have redundant 48V DC PowerSupplies, but they do not need at all stabilised 48V.

Input is 40-56V.

Please have a look at your equipment Datasheet. It is very rare, that someone need 48V Stabilised, especially 8000W.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic