question

nesswill avatar image
nesswill asked

Inverter RS Smart 48/6000 parallel question

CERBO GX, x3 RS 450/100 and the Inverters x2 all on CAN. 48v 1800ah Battery bank on busbar.

Hi i have two inverters in parallel and they are working fine but i have a question to the load they share...

This might be normal but i would like to know for sure, i have an 80w load difference between the two (the new Inverter always has the higher load compared to the older one, purchased about eight months apart), it does not matter if the load is low (100 to 200w each) or high (2000 to 3000w + each).

The wiring is exactly the same from the DC BUS (busbar) to the Inverters and on the AC side (10mm2 "@1m soft multi-core copper/silicone wire) going from the Inverters to the main AC Distibution point. The DC ripple never goes above 0.05v. All bolts are torqued to the correct torque setting and checked.

I guess it's either the difference between the two inverters or the way it meant to be. Anyone with any ideas/experience or comments please. (PS - i don't like guessing!)

inverter rs
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvas avatar image mvas commented ·
The Quattro had a Master / Slave setup. Does the RS also use Master / Slave config? Is it always the master unit or always the slave unit that is higher?
1 Like 1 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

Hi thanks for reply.

Not as such, i have Inverter 0 and Inverter 1 (named in VRM), Inverter 1 always has the higher load, and this is the newer Inverter.

See this pdf. below.

147619-parallel-programming.pdf

On the AC wiring i did try 2m and 3m lengths of the same cable and this made no difference.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

No parallel system will ever be perfectly symmetrical. There are always minor differences that will create an imbalance, no matter how hard you try.

If one unit was already in use, component wear will also affect it.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
Very true @nickdb this is what i was thinking, thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill nesswill commented ·
Just a quick follow up for future reading...

My Fluke Clamp Meeter agrees with the Inverters (0.3amp x 240v = 72w difference between the inverters), so that's ok for me this was measured with a total load of about 400w.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Inverter RS Product page.

Inverter RS Online Manual.

Inverter RS Datasheet.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic