question

eliott avatar image
eliott asked

Victron Skylla-TG 48/50 voltage settings for secondary LFP smart charging source

Hi! In a VE.BUS system i plan to install a secondary TG 48/50 charger with a Cyrix-Li-Charge on the charge disconnect. I usually only have single phase 16A sockets on the shore so there is a practical limit on the size of the Multi, in my case it is the 70A 48V charger versions. However, since we have plenty of batteries I would like to add an other charger to make the batteries charge faster from an independent socket. The aim would be to rely on the multi for the cell balancing, so i would like to have the Tg 48/50 configured for a little lower absorption voltage and no repeated absorption.

Any suggestions regarding this plan? what should be good absorption voltage that is a bit below the recommended 56.80v?

thanks

eliott

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

3,45V per cell, or 55,2V for a 48v system is plenty to get the batteries 99% charged.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.