question

bert-van-eyken avatar image
bert-van-eyken asked

High frequency after firmware upgrade

After I upgraded my Venus GX from v2.93 to v3.01 via the display and subsequently the MPII from v5.01 to v5.05 remotely via the VRM portal the inverter is stuck at 52.5Hz.
Battery is at 36% SoC and charging via a Smartsolar MPTT, the AC coupled invertor is offline due to the high frequency.

I rebooted everything twice, disconnected the AC coupled inverter, to no avail.

I followed all VRM instructions, finishing with the conversion of the VE.BUS file and uploaded it successfully. What I'm I missing, this can't be a new feature?

firmware updatefrequency
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

Maybe delete the PV assistant and re program that

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thats the thing, a dropped packet or something may have happened in the upload - hence the warning to be prepared to fix on site ...with an mk3...

It is always best to leave a working system working. Especially for such small updates. There were no new features so literally no point messing with it.

1 Like 1 ·
bert-van-eyken avatar image bert-van-eyken Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I had a DVCC/CAN-bus problem that looks like being fixed now, it matched the description of 2.94.

Though maybe I should't have update the MP.

Anyway, deleleting and recreating the PV assistant did solve the issue, thanks for that Marc.

0 Likes 0 ·