question

jonathan-drewes avatar image
jonathan-drewes asked

Current VRM server status

I've not seen a place to go to get the current VRM server status.

It's been very slow for me lately and it would be good to know if it is just me.

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Jonathan Drewes

There has been a bunch of back end changes happening all the time.

Then there is the addition of the new solar forcast feature. People are accessing the vrm way more.

It will settle down in a bit, but yeah there is definitely more traffic recently, that probably has alot to do with the slow feeling.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
jonathan-drewes answered ·

So there is not a Victron website that gives the status or issues with the VRM?

If not, it would be nice to have.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Its pretty slow now. Like a minute to load the web page for me, if it load at all.

Anyone know if there a planned fix for this?

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi. Thats quite strange. Especially that it takes a minute to load

It loads instantly for me; and also I haven’t seen or heard any other complaints.

We monitor performance from various places globally; I’ll get that checked but not aware of any issues at the moment.

And can you confirm the slowness is in loading the page? Ie not that the page is fast but then loading data is slow?

2 |3000

Its the whole page that loads slow. Every computer or phone in my home and also slow over mobile phone. I'm in the Orlando FL area.

This issue seems to be intermittent. Sometimes an F5 refresh will take a normal time, sometimes very long.

Here is a snapshot that stays at this point for a while, as just an example --

1690576349413.png

1690576349413.png (33.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Really strange. Can you let me know early next week if its still happening?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Jonathan Drewes

It could also be your isp.

I have three different providers depends on what 'office' i am in. I can tell you there is one office i hate checking systems with. And o. Mobile there are certain times of the day i wont even try.

One of the things is isp jitter. You can run a speedtest and it will let you know.

0 Likes 0 ·