question

jonnyt avatar image
jonnyt asked

Swapping a BlueSolar for a SmartSolar - Problems!

Hello helpful people,
I've just swapped my BlueSolar 150/70-tr for a SmartSolar 150/70-tr. I did this mainly for the intergrated relay, but also for the Bluetooth connectivity.

I have two problems, firstly the LCD MPPT Control will not connect to the new charge controller it simply says "CONNECTING" - or "DISCONNECTED" as I connect and disconnect it respectively.

The second problem is connecting the Bluetooth to my iPhone or Ipad, the App prompts for the code - so I input "000000" as directed. The app connects to the device, but immediately disconnects - it does this in a loop/cycle until it gives up. I've tried unpairing / forgetting the device in settings. Restarting everything doesn't help. I've turned off all other bluetooth devices on my boat, but to no avail.

I'm feeling pretty miffed - as this should have been a simple swap!!

If anyone can help me, that'd be great.

MPPT ControllersBluetoothsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jonnyt avatar image
jonnyt answered ·

I've since found out that the MPPT CONTROL display needs a firmware update to connect to my new solar controller - I guess this answers one of my questions...

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/6813/mppt-control-conection.html

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image adev commented ·

This try-fail connection loup may also be affecting the bluetooth connection. If you disconnect the display, does bluetooth work?

0 Likes 0 ·
jonnyt avatar image jonnyt adev commented ·

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Sadly not, I only plugged in the MPPT control display after I failed to connect via Bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel avatar image
Daniel answered ·

Hey,

I think this connecting loop problem is a phone problem. I am experiencing the same problems with my Cat S60. Sometimes it connects shows a couple of values like PV Power and Voltage and immediately disconnects to reconnect. Do you have the opportunity to try another Phone?

-Daniel

1 comment
2 |3000

jonnyt avatar image jonnyt commented ·

Thanks Daniel,

I tried it with an iPhone 5, iPad Pro, and an Samsung android phone... all did the same loop.

As it’s a new unit I have returned it to the shop to see if they can connect. Will update this post with the result / conclusion.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic