question

veli-mies avatar image
veli-mies asked

Easysolar 24/1600/40-16 and Venus GX

Hello,

I have just installed Easysolar 24/1600/40-16 and Venus GX. I have connected Venus GX with ethernet cable to Easysolar's left RJ45 plug. I have also succesfully added Venus GX to VRM, but I cant get it connected to Easysolar. Should it find it automatically or do I need to do something?

I get no information on VRM atm. Only Venus GX online...

Venus GX - VGXEasySolar All-in-One
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

veli-mies avatar image veli-mies commented ·

No one have any ideas ? :(

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ veli-mies commented ·

If you're absolutely certain you have VE.Bus > VE.Bus, try another cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi. Your Easy is really just a convenient combo box of Multiplus and Blue/Smartsolar mppt. Wires needed, even if you have to open it up. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start See 1.1

What model of either is within your unit I won't guess at, but the available terminals should tell..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

veli-mies avatar image
veli-mies answered ·

I have connected Venus GX (VE Bus) -> Multiplus (VE Bus) but it doesnt appear on VRM.

Is there anything else that I should do? Should I use DIP's: DIP 1 On, DIP2 OFF?

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

I think the GX overrides the dipswitches, but don't read that as gospel.

Try rebooting from within: Settings > General > Reboot?.

0 Likes 0 ·
veli-mies avatar image veli-mies JohnC ♦ commented ·

Unfortunately nothing new. Only device found is ”gateway”.

I have connected the ethernet cable on the left rj45 connector on pcb on inverter/charger. As I have understood it is right..?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Can you show pictures of where you connected the cables?

3 comments
2 |3000

veli-mies avatar image veli-mies commented ·

Here is photo of Venus, unfortunately I dont have any photos inside the EasySolar. The cable on right side of Venus is plugged to EasySolar’s inverter’s PCB’s left RJ45 socket near the + cable coming from Battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ veli-mies commented ·

That should work.

Have you tried a different cable? A cable that works on a computer ethernet connection might not necessarily work in this application. Ethernet can work with some wire pairs missing which VE.Bus needs to be present.
Is that cable fully wired and also not a crossover cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
veli-mies avatar image veli-mies wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I have not yet tested, but I'll try today. Thanks for you comments - Now I'm sure that connections are right and possible fault is in cable, Venus or inverter!

0 Likes 0 ·