question

Richard Bremford avatar image
Richard Bremford asked

Quattro turning off just after midnight

Hi there,

Over the last 2 nights, the power to the house has shutoff (offgrid) just after midnight. First night was a lot of exploring only to find the Quattro was "off" - no lights on at all, however still physically switched on. Last night it happened again, but I knew where to go this time. Powered it off on teh quattro itself, waited a bit then turned it back on and all was well.

This has only just started happening, so wondering if its some firmware update or similar? Not overly familiar with the gear, and it runs the whole house so don't want to break anything by turning bits on and off at random!

Equipment in question (also a BYD battery setup, Fronius AC coupled inverter and an MPPT 250/85)

- Vernus GX (firmware v3.01)

- Quattro 48/10000/140-2x100 (firmware v465)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

You should get the information that is causing the shutdown from your VRM page, have you looked at that?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Richard Bremford answered ·

Hi Marc. I can't see anything useful on the VRM page. The event logs only show remote console connections from myself, but nothing that would indicate a shutdown. The shutdown seems to be pretty consistent. Last two nights, 12:08am by the clock on my phone the last two nights in a row when the power shuts off.

Are there any other logs I can check to see more details?

2 |3000

Marc Heymans answered ·

Have you been into the advanced settings and looked at the available Widgets that give you a whole array of parameters?

2 |3000

Richard Bremford answered ·

Thanks for the tip! I've turned on all the widgets for the various components, but nothing seems to suggest an issue. Inverter shut off again last night somewhere between 1230am and 7am, but apart from lower than normal battery consumption (due to no loads present I guess) nothing else stood out.

2 |3000

Marc Heymans answered ·

If you want, you can share your VRM page with me and I will take a look, maybe I can help

use my email marc@sunrayinstaller.com

2 |3000