question

gianmarco avatar image
gianmarco asked

Multiplus II - Grid as a backup/generator, is it even possible?

Good morning everybody.

First of all, sorry for my broken english.

I'm here asking you about the feasibility of using the Multiplus II AC input as a backup/generator input, but with the grid.

My system is an off-grid configuration, with two RS450|200, approx 18Kw PV's, a Multiplus II 48|10000 and 96Kw/h Opsz batteries.

In other words: my intention is to consume the solar power and the battery power BEFORE the grid power, and configure the MP II to give me the grid power only when there is no solar input and the battery is discharged under 50% (AND logic).

I also must not feed any power into the grid, since where I live is forbidden.

Is this even possible? As I read this kind of configurations are available in the ESS settings, but Victron says that the ESS is not suitable for the off-grid systems.

Thank you for your time.

Multiplus-IIESSGeneratoroffgridgrid parallel
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·

ESS is essentially what you're looking for (I believe ESS is only allowed for static installs ie not vans etc).

This might help: 1. ESS Introduction & features (victronenergy.com)

Alternatively I think there's some other assistants that exist that allow this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Essentially you do have grid and your install is fixed. So you could use ESS. The other option is a conditional AC connect set up.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

You can use the AC ignore function assistant with general flag

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.