question

kimsan avatar image
kimsan asked

230v Power adapter (MultiPlus 24/3000/230 - Triggers BatteryProtect on 24v circuit

I have a MultiPlus 3000VA (24/3000/230) directly connected to the battery, as well as a separate circuit for 24V for lights protected by a Smart-BatteryProtect.

The issue is that if I connect a 230V power adapter (for example 80W adapter for PC) to the 230V output of the MultiPlus, it triggers the battery protect on the separate circuit. It only happens when the adapter has been disconnected for a while, and are properly discharged. Using search mode also helps, as it charges the adapter a bit before powering on, but it only helps if nothing else is connected.

Do anyone have any experience with this issue? My backup to make an adapter with an resistor to charge any adapter before use, but that's not a good solution for a off-grid cabin used by different people.

A (little) simplified sketch of the system is enclosed below:

33801-victron-multiplus-and-batteryprotect.jpg

Multiplus-IIBattery Protect
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvas avatar image mvas commented ·

Can you monitor the voltage on the battery bank, when plugging in the AC-DC adapter. Possibly, low voltage? Is the 123-Smart BMS sensing a surge? Individual cell voltage? What is yout 123-BMS reporting?

0 Likes 0 ·
kimsan avatar image kimsan mvas commented ·

Hi,

I have been monitoring the follwing with an oscilloscope:

• Battery voltage
  • 123SmartBMS Load Relay
  • Relay board (between BMS and Smart BatteryProtect, SmartSolar MPPT and MultiPlus)

I have not found any irregularities from the readings.

There is not reported any messages from neither 123SmartBMS or Smart BatteryProtect.

When the Smart BatteryProtect disengage the load output then it will be disengaged for 30 seconds before reconnecting.

When looking into Smart BatteryProtect manual, the following behavior is expressed:

• The Smart BatteryProtect will connect the load 1 second after the remote input is closed.
  • The Smart BatteryProtect will disconnect the load immediately when the remote input is opened.
  • When in Li-ion mode, the Smart BatteryProtect will observe a dead period of 30 seconds after the remote input of the Smart BatteryProtect has become free floating. See the note below for a detailed description.
  • When in Li-ion mode, the SBP will disengage when the H input becomes free floating and will remain disengaged for 30 seconds, even if it receives a re-engage signal within that time period. After 30 seconds it will respond immediately to a re-engage signal.
  • Similarly, if a system shutdown occurred due to low cell voltage, the SBP will remain disengaged for 30 seconds, even if it receives a re-engage signal within that time period

I have an collegue that's experiencing the same behavior.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers