question

Diriye Amey avatar image
Diriye Amey asked

GX Cerbo Update V3.01 Lost BMS Connection

Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded my gx to version 3.01, from there I no longer see my BMS v2 either in the cerbo display or in the device list on the VRM, I tried rebooting but nothing changed...

cerbo gxBMS
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, what do you expect to see or in other words, what is the difference from the previous Venus firmware version?

0 Likes 0 ·
Diriye Amey avatar image Diriye Amey Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
I expect to see in the gx system the bms and in the vrm, also as seen in the attached image the bms does not have system control, which in version 3 worked...
Greetings
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Diriye Amey commented ·

The VE.Bus BMS v2 was never visible as a single device on the VRM or on the GX device (except in the MultiPlus menu, see screenshot) and it is/was also not possible to select the BMS as the controlling BMS in the DVCC menu.

Check the VE.Bus BMS menu and make sure there is no BMS error and ATC/ATD says "Yes".

If you still think something is wrong, you can always revert to the previous firmware version using the Stored firmware backup feature in your GX device and then compare.

bildschirmfoto-2023-07-19-um-111959.pngbildschirmfoto-2023-07-19-um-112013.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Juraj Nikolov avatar image Juraj Nikolov commented ·

@Diriye Amey can you ping your GX ? From your LAN ???

0 Likes 0 ·
Diriye Amey avatar image Diriye Amey Juraj Nikolov commented ·
Is connected over wifi and not by lan
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Diriye Amey avatar image
Diriye Amey answered ·

screenshot-2023-07-19-06-26-20-755-nlvictronenergy.jpg

As you see in the image below

, Control bms is off, before the update it was on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.