question

mivester avatar image
mivester asked

MPPT RS triggering short on Lithium BMS

I am hooking up a SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100 to a 48VDC string of lithium batteries. The MPPT is hooked up to a Lynx bus through a breaker, with the batteries hooked to the Lynx through a disconnect switch. The batteries have switches directly on them as well.

I have the batteries turned on and the Bus is sitting at 48VDC. Then I close the breaker to the MPPT. Immediately the battery goes into alarm showing discharge short circuit detected. I can then reset the battery and clear the alarm. At this point it is fine and everything seems to work correctly.

MPPT SmartSolarmppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Mivester

What exactly is the error that is logged?

Is it error #27?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mivester avatar image
mivester answered ·

I do not have Victron batteries on this setup, it is a string of PSI 100AH batteries. All that I have is the alarm that comes up through that.

The MPPT is not showing any errors that I can see. It is being monitored through a Cerbo and I did not see any alarm logs.

I am wondering if there could be a huge initial draw to charge capacitors? Just rather confused otherwise.

2 |3000