question

crop1 avatar image
crop1 asked

Battery will not discharge beyond 65%

I have a 24kwh battery built from a Nissan leaf. I have added a Batrium BMS system. My battery will not discharge beyond 65%. The settings in the ess are set to 20% in the discharge setting.

Anyone help. It's rather frustrating.i have been over and over the settings

discharge level
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Crop1
Can you provide a little more information? is the battery 14s? 15s? xs?
what else is in the system?

0 Likes 0 ·
crop1 avatar image crop1 Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

The battery is a reconfigured Nissan leaf battery 24kwh it has a max voltage of 58.8v as the cells are 4.2vdc x 2 X 7. The minimum voltage for these packs is 3vdc x 2 X 7 which is 42v.

So in summary I have 49 Nissan leaf batteries connected in series in banks of 7. And then 7 of these banks connected in parallel

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Next thing to check is the sustain voltages set in the ESS assistant.

Try disconnecting the AC input and see if it discharges further then.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

crop1 avatar image crop1 commented ·
  1. I have had 2 notifications of low battery on the victron software both have been sent at around 50v. I am wondering if the batrium BMS was shutting off the battery would the victron unit send these alarms. Or are alarms only triggered when the victron unit says the battery is low
0 Likes 0 ·
crop1 avatar image crop1 crop1 commented ·

Thanks for the comment but I have the discharge soc at 20%, I am not sure what you mean by disconnect the AC. Could you explain please

0 Likes 0 ·
crop1 avatar image
crop1 answered ·

Thanks for the comment but I have the discharge soc at 20%, I am not sure what you mean by disconnect the AC. Could you explain please

2 |3000

raphael303 avatar image
raphael303 answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic