question

alfred0905 avatar image
alfred0905 asked

Low voltage alert on Quattro 2 when connecting to Cerbo

Hi! I have a very annoying problem on a new installation using a Quattro II 5000/24 connected to Cerbo GX and Lynx BMS connected to 400Ah 25,6V LiSmart:

As soon as I set the Quattro to Li Smart, it is giving a low battery alert (while connected to the MK3 USB)

When I swap the VE.Bus to the Cerbo GX, it instantly stops working, the Cerbo is beeping and giving the low battery alert on the display too and having "fault" as state.

As soon as I reset the Quattro to defaults, it works normally, also when connected to the Cerbo, so it has to be something with the LiSmart setting. Battery voltage is 26,5v, measured by Quattro and also verified by multimeter.

Any ideas whats wrong with the battery setting? All firmwares updated.

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Can you make a screenshot of the settings?
Do you mean "Configured for VE.Bus BMS"? If yes, do you have a VE.Bus BMS connected?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alfred0905 avatar image alfred0905 commented ·

The manual said you shouldnt connect MK3 USB and Cerbo GX at the same time, so no, VE.Bus BMS was not connected at that time.

But still, if I tried to connect the VE.Bus to Cerbo instead of MK3 USB, it only switches on for 1-2 seconds or so and losing VE.Bus afterwards.

As already said, on default settings/LiBat settings its working perfectly fine, its just when you select the LiSmart i.c.w. VE.Bus BMS.

Config screenshot I can send soon, still I dont get where the low voltage error is coming from?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ alfred0905 commented ·
If you select that you use a VE.Bus BMS and you don't have it connected the system will switch off, that's normal.
0 Likes 0 ·
alfred0905 avatar image alfred0905 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
So both, MK3 USB and CerboGX via VE.Bus should be connected at the same time?

Still, if I try that, the low voltage warning is not going away

0 Likes 0 ·
alfred0905 avatar image
alfred0905 answered ·

victron.png

Here the screenshot of the settings which are definitely not working. I tried again programming it while the Cerbo is connected via VEBus at the same time, still its giving the low voltage alert all the time (and switching off the Quattro accordingly)

victron.png (45.2 KiB)
2 |3000

alfred0905 avatar image
alfred0905 answered ·

No further ideas what the reason could be?

2 |3000

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

Same happened to me using a MulitPlus 2. Latest firmware 502

Moving the VE.Bus cable to the Mark3 USB module and connecting my computer to program the MulitPlus 2 the MulitPlus 2 goes into the permanent Low Voltage alarm state.

Restoring the VE.Bus cable back to the Cerbo GX does not remove the low Voltage alarm on the MultiPlus or the Cerbo.

I needed to power reset the MultiPlus 2 to clear the alarm.

My suspicion is that MultiPlus is getting the system voltage from the VE.Bus BMV700 shunt monitor and Pylontech BMS, and the MulitPlus does not have a failsafe backup voltage monitor setting to its own system Voltage monitor if the VE.Bus fails.

This annoyance would be good to solve as its desirable to be able to perform maintenance on the MulitPlus2 without upsetting the rest of the system.

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

What BMS are you actually using? You mention "Lynx BMS" in one place, but mention "VE.Bus BMS" in another; these are two very different products that require not only different connection methods but different programming methods as well.

1 comment
2 |3000

alfred0905 avatar image alfred0905 commented ·
You´re right, I´m using a Lynx BMS – but the port still says VE.Bus?

So how should it be configured correctly?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic