question

billys1337 avatar image
billys1337 asked

How to configure my system correctly.

Hey everyone,

I hope you're doing well. I wanted to reach out because I recently acquired 16 x 12 SLA batteries, which are around 10 years old but still appear to be in good condition. Currently, I have them wired in parallel and connected to my multiplus 12/1600 and a 500A smart shunt, which are both linked via a GX cerbo / VRM.

The dilemma I'm facing is determining whether any adjustments are necessary for the optimal battery charge settings. At the moment, I'm using the default settings, but I'm unsure if they are the best choice. Unfortunately, I couldn't find detailed information about the battery model "SuperSafe 12T92F" online, aside from its performance data such as discharge rates. The only information available to me is what's mentioned on the battery label, which indicates the float voltages as follows:

• 2.28Vpc @ 20°C
  • 2.265Vpc @ 25°C

For reference, you can check out the product details at
https://www.enersys.com/493bb4/globalassets/documents/product-documentation/supersafe/t-ft/apac-en-ss-rs-tft-0121.pdf
Performace Data
https://www.enersys.com/493bb4/globalassets/documents/product-documentation/supersafe/t-ft/apac-en-pd-ss-tft-pd-12162.pdf

I've attached a screenshot of my current inverter settings, which are set to default. You can find it at the following link:
screenshot-2023-07-02-102138.png

If any of you have any tips, advice, or insights on the correct settings for my setup, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm eager to hear your thoughts and recommendations.

Looking forward to your replies!

Cheers, Bill

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@billys1337 given the battery label, you could set the float voltage at 13 6v. And the temp compensation at -18mV for 12v system.

The info on the battery "might" be for batteries being floated fulltime in a standby system.

As opposed to batteries being cycled every day in a solar off grid system.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

billys1337 avatar image billys1337 commented ·

Ok thank you for this info. The batteries were out of a cell tower UPS bank, so i guess you are right about them being used as a standby system rather than solar off grid.

0 Likes 0 ·