question

simont avatar image
simont asked

Turn on search mode automatically at night

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to turn on search mode on a Multiplus automatically at night? It’s for a boat so the grid isn’t always available thus power savings can be really crucial.

Could I use the streetlight function on my mppt to trigger a relais on the Multiplus?

Thanks in advance!

offgridinverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
michaeld avatar image
michaeld answered ·

That's a cool idea! If the aux input can handle 12v (can't remember off the top of my head) you could trigger it with the MPPT load output. I use Node-RED instead for a slightly different setup but using the Multiplus aux input to turn AES on or off is definitely possible. I wrote up some instructions on the assistants you need here: https://asdfghjkl.me.uk/blog/multiplus-aes-node-red/

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simont avatar image simont commented ·
Thanks! I’m not really familiar with code-red software, but I’m gonna try to use the 12v load output on the mppt to trigger a virtual assistant. Not sure if there’s an assistant that can trigger AES but worth the try!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Offgrid page