question

Solar 7 TOKARENKO avatar image
Solar 7 TOKARENKO asked

connecting an intelligent meter

options for connecting an intelligent meter to account for the entire electric current of an industrial facility with a supply cable line cross section of 3 * 150 mm2, what options for organizing metering for a system at Victron Energy? and which meter to choose for these tasks?

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

If you check this sheet of Victron, you can see that it's possible with certain panel meters, and when using current transformers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Solar 7 TOKARENKO avatar image
Solar 7 TOKARENKO answered ·

Based on the above table, it is not clear which meters support transformer connection, it is planned to install current transformers 250/5A with an accuracy class of 0.5S. I didn’t find a transformer switching circuit with grounding of the secondary winding for these types of meters, if it’s possible to describe this moment in more detail, Thank you.

2 |3000

theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

According the table, you can meassure >65A tree fase with the Carlo Gavazzi EM24, EM330 EM530, or ABB B24 meters. Did you check their specs separately?

They all have current transformer inputs and work with RS-485 dataprotocol to input your Victron devices.

I would choose the ABB meter becasue I find their quality better than Italian hardware.

2 |3000

Related Resources