question

barneythecat avatar image
barneythecat asked

Faulty Multiplus RS Solar warranty delays

Hi,

My Multiplus RS Solar 48/6000 went faulty at the start of May (No O/P power on AC1) and I am still waiting for the issue to be resolved by Victron. Apparently the units are in short supply hence the very long delay, but does anyone know if Victron repair?

If so, I could have had this issue resolved ages ago rather than having the best part of spring and summer with no Solar Power.

Thanks

Multi RSfault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Barneythecat,

Sorry to hear it, there have been supply constraints with that model.

Have you submitted a support request via this form? https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

These matters are normally quickly resolved by working directly with your dealer, but in some cases it can help to have the situation in writing with that form.

Warranty claim resolution is between the Victron repairs dept and the dealer. Repair, replacement or refund can depend on the situation and nature of the fault.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barneythecat avatar image barneythecat commented ·

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I have submitted a support request with the supplier and too be fair, I was offered a solution which involved a separate MPPT and Inverter. However this would have meant altering all the wiring and I preferred the integrated Multi RS unit so was hoping for either a replacement or a repair. Its nearly 2 months since the unit went faulty and a key reason for buying Victron was for the excellent customer support so really hoping for a solution now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ barneythecat commented ·

I am not sure where you’re located, there is now some replacement Multi RS stock in some parts of the world. And more now coming to the rest.

There have been delays, though I understand not taking the work around solution.

I’d keep gently reminding your dealer for updates, until it’s resolved.

Be aware there was also a new Multi RS hardware revision around the same time to add another MPPT tracker and it’s possible that you receive that as your replacement. That may or may not have implications for your PV array wiring.

0 Likes 0 ·
barneythecat avatar image
barneythecat answered ·

Hi Guy,

Ive given up now and asked for a refund. I cant get hold of anyone at Victron to resolve and can only go through the distributor so have to take his word. Why couldn't the unit be be sent away for repair, I would have had it back weeks ago?

4 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

There can be good reasons for outright replacement. The RS has had a number of improvements so it may simply be easier to replace outright.

As Guy mentioned, it now also has two trackers.

Did logging the ticket through professional.victronenergy.com not help?

Were the sales manager contacts for your region not accessible?

https://www.victronenergy.com/contact (towards the bottom of the page).

0 Likes 0 ·
barneythecat avatar image barneythecat nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Nickdb

Yes Ive tried both those avenues and I'm getting nowhere. I wouldn't mind if I just got a definitive answer as to when I would be getting a replacement. I was assured this was the 17th June but since then no update.

Does anyone from Victron know when these units will be stocked in the UK? I am still prepared to wait (Within reason) as long as I know a genuine delivery date.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ barneythecat commented ·
I’ll check what’s happening and will get back to you. They are in stock in NL; both the newer two tracker version as well as the older single tracker version.

In case there is an option to choose, then which do you prefer @Barneythecat ?

And to add: apologies for the delays!

0 Likes 0 ·
barneythecat avatar image barneythecat commented ·

Thanks I would very much appreciate that. I guess the Newer version would be more preferable if there is an option. I guess you can see my private contact information if you need to contact me personally

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.

Mutli RS Solar Datasheet

Mutli RS Manual