question

dandrews avatar image
dandrews asked

Earth fault loop impedance test Quattro12v 3000 W

When conducting an Earth fault loop impedance test on my inverter when using battery power. I have a reading of 8.24 ohm when the maximum permitted resistance for my MCB is 2.73 ohm. But when running on shoreline power I have a ohm reading of 1.41. Could anyone explain why this is, thanks .

fault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@DAndrews please post photos and, if possible, a system wiring schematic so that we can verify the installation, since there are a wide range of factors which might cause this sort of condition and without any reference as to the system itself or how it's connected, there's simply no way to tell you which is the most likely.

Alternatively, engage a licensed, competent, and preferably Victron-trained electrician to double-check the system as wired and make certain there's not a stray connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dandrews avatar image
dandrews answered ·

There is also a earth from the inverter to chassis which is not shown in this diagram.

2 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@DAndrews please clarify what model Quattro you have? This diagram shows a 24v setup, but your title says 12v/3000 watt (which is actually 3000VA, not watt, but that's an aside). And I'm assuming the 230vAC version?

0 Likes 0 ·
dandrews avatar image dandrews Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Apologies, for the error on the wiring diagram . It is an 12v D/C Feed to investor and 230v A/C 3000w out put.

0 Likes 0 ·
image.jpg (3.2 MiB)

Related Resources

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.