question

yawnbox avatar image
yawnbox asked

Off-grid split-phase AC and ground

screenshot-2023-06-22-at-33909-pm.png

(there should be an image link at the bottom of this post allows you to zoom in and see the full picture, or you can right-click the image and "open in a new tab")

Hello-

This is a rough draft of a 48V off-grid steel-hull sailboat design. I'm unsure about grounding for my setup. The Victron MultiPlus-II manual is unsatisfactory at adequately describing off-grid chassis-earth ground.

Do I-

1. (as the diagram shows) take the two green/ground wires from the two MultiPlus-IIs and screw them to an AC load panel ground bar, then wire the ground bar to the common chassis-earth ground shared with the DC loads?

or

2. take the two green/ground wires from the two MultiPlus-IIs and screw them to an AC load panel ground bar, and that's it?

Also-

Given my lack of experience in these things; overall, does the AC design need any modifications?

Thank you

Multiplus-IIGroundingsplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
yawnbox avatar image
yawnbox answered ·

What am I supposed to do if not even the company that sells me this stuff will help?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·
Victron only offers support through their dealers/distributors and I am sure your dealer will be happy to assist. Maybe worth engaging a suitably qualified person to ensure you don't overlook anything.
0 Likes 0 ·
yawnbox avatar image
yawnbox answered ·

Still waiting for the company who sold me this stuff to answer a question about their products.

2 |3000