question

pierrej avatar image
pierrej asked

Two Multis in Parallel-Not Showing on Venus GX

I added a Multiplus 48/3000/35-50 to my ESS system. I used VE.Bus System configurator to set up the parallel inverters, but the Multiplus is not appearing on the GX Device list. The slave's LED's are flickering as per definition, and on the master only the "Mains" LED stays on. I have updated both inverters to the latest firmware and added ESS on both. I also updated the Venus GX to the latest firmware. The ports are functional, because if I swap the paralleling and GX device port around, on the master, the system switches off and then back on. The port on the GX device was functioning to the one inverter up to now, so that should also not be a problem. The ESS is also not available on the GX device. Any Ideas?

multiplus in parallel
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
How did you wire the VE.Bus?
0 Likes 0 ·
pierrej avatar image pierrej Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Straight network cable between Multis, and then a straight cable from the master to the VE.Bus port on the Venus GX. If I take the paralleling off, on the VE.Bus System Configurator, and connect only the master to the Venus GX, the Multiplus appears on the GX device list, and the ESS works as expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Parallel (or multi-phase) Multi/Quattro systems appear as a single unit in the GX device with increased power or multiple phases. You will not see the individual master or slave units anywhere in the GX device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pierrej avatar image
pierrej answered ·

It's in parallel. I saw another video and the problem is now solved, thanks for the answers. I used VE.Bus Quick Configure this time around, think the problem was my Multis were not switched off, and then powered on one by one, first the Master.

2 |3000