question

4senergy avatar image
4senergy asked

PV input voltage in Charge controller is 0 volt.

I installed 4 victron charge controllers 250/100, 2 quattros and 3 lithium ion phosphate battery 10.3 kWh.

--> while the CC were charging the batteries I flip up the 250 A DC breaker of the inverter, the discharged capacitors inside the inverter causes the battery to switch off and than switch on. This also causes the controllers to stop producing, after a while two charge controllers start producing and the other two still not producing.

With a multitester, I check the pv output voltage when the CC PV breaker is off, voltage is 202.

And than when the breaker is on, the voltage reading is 0 volts.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tnt369 avatar image
tnt369 answered ·

disconnect the MPPT from PV and Battery. Wait for some minutes and than reconnect battery first. after some minutes reconnect the PV and check if it works now.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tnt369 avatar image
tnt369 answered ·

Always start the Quattros with a resistor in the DC-supply first to charge the capacitors inside. the inrush current is quite high for the batterys. So its better to limit it with a resistor (i.e. 10 Ohm). After a few seconds of "charging" its fine and you can connect the batteries (by breaker).

MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 120V inrush current on initial startup - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

Inrush current Quattro 230V 48/10000VA for BMS dimensioning - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

Pre-Charge Issues - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

2 |3000