question

claus avatar image
claus asked

how to get support, how to report a bug?

There are a lot of nice people in this forum, but to be honest, there aren't many real answers.

How do you get hold of Victron Support and get help when you have a problem?

Is there a professional team behind Victron who stand behind their product?

I have been told that Victron is not cheap Chinese crap, but I experience better response from Chinese support!

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@claus@hemdrup.dk

There is support through their official network of sellers and distribution network. The official list is here, they are trained by Victron on product and support. The point is to have local contact.

There are plenty box movers though, who don't proved support, so sometimes you don't know where the official chain is, you can find out through the support page. There is a form.

To be honest between the forum and the documentation self help is quite reachable, unless it (referring to the productl is broken. And that can be determined as well as there are documents for test procedures you can do yourself if you are comfortable with that.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

A tag on your post with bug report on the community will get the attention of mods and it will also be passed on. Much of the support provided here is also from guys who work in the sales and distribution network.

If it is for node red and tinker type projects though, the official stand is there is not official support. I see some of your questions are on node red, there is no official suport. It was stated as so on the youtube training and in other places in the documentation. Your resources there are the forum and github.

1 Like 1 ·
claus avatar image claus Alexandra ♦ commented ·

No, I don't think that works ;o)

... I have tried.

0 Likes 0 ·
claus avatar image claus claus commented ·

oh, you wrote tags.

I wrote 'bug' in the title.

0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill claus commented ·

@claus@hemdrup.dk What are you reporting?

0 Likes 0 ·
claus avatar image claus commented ·

Thanks for the quick reply

1 Like 1 ·