question

peter-van-zalingen avatar image
peter-van-zalingen asked

BSC IP65 12/7 always measures 14.4v and skips bulk

Hi,

I'm using Victron devices for years now and since the last Smart BSC I bought I have a strange problem. It regards a smart BSC 12/7 which is connected to a 100ah battery in an electrical outboard situation.

It seems to do loading on the battery, as i can use it and is displayed as full by the battery monitor on the outboard, but connecting it last time, curious about the amount that my last trip took, I notice strange behaviour:

When I plug in the charger, it measures 14.4volts and skips bulk to absorption after exact 6 seconds (lookup back into the history, it does this every time, except the few first charger when I bought the charger last year) then after 30 minutes (again every time) it goes to float, stays there 4 hours and then resides at storage.

The thing is: when I measure the battery voltage using a multimeter yesterday (after running some load) it was nowhere near 14.4, but somewhere in the 13.6 range, when the charger was connected.

Then after disconnecting the battery, I noticed it also does exactly the same when no battery is connected, except when a battery is connected it sends out amperage, which it is not doing when nothing is connected. Even after removing the fused from the cables, same story, as soon as I power it up it goes through this cycle again.

Am I pretty mistake here, or is something going absolutely wrong here?

The only "good" part is, in all those fases it still manages to push power into the battery (although in a wrong way) so in the end it chargers the battery, but this is not a good thing I would say.

Thanks for your time so far ;-)

I just hope somebody thinks, this sound familiar.

Peter

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Peter van Zalingen

Are you still experiencing these problem? If so, can you please add a screenshot of the VictronConnect history page, and pictures of how the charger is connected to the battery and the multimeter measurement (together with the VictronConnect live data)?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers