question

jsmvanwyk avatar image
jsmvanwyk asked

ET340 Cumulative kWh not visible

Good day

I have a CCGX on V2.20 software. I have a 3 phase system with the ET340 wired up and visible and measuring instantaneous kWh supplied per phase, but for some reason I do not see it adding cumulatively the amount of kWh measured by the Energy meter when I export the XLS/CSV files for kWh. Any ideas what could be the issue?

CCGX Color ControlEnergy Meter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Izak (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Is your name Marius? Did you also post this issue on Disqus? I've been trying to get ahold of you, but sadly Disqus no longer makes it possible to find the email address of posters.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I have contacted a colleague to see if they can come back with more information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Until I find more details on this, I can write a partial answer so long. These meters (the EM24 and the ET340) keep track of forward and reverse energy in separate registers (inside the meter). They have a pair of these registers per phase, and then they also have two registers for the overall value across all three phases.

There is however a difference between how the EM24 counts the total energy compared to how the ET340 does it. On the EM24, the total energy over all three phases is integrated over time. On the ET340, the individual integrated values are simply added together into the totals. This yields different results.

As an example, if you wired an EM24 into a simple two-phase setup, with one phase importing 1000W and the other one simultaneously exporting 1000W, and you ran it for an hour, the total energy counter on the EM24 will show zero. If you did the same thing on an ET340, the positive- and negative energy counters will both show 1kwh. Of course you could subtract them to get to the same value, but you lose some information (the total instantaneous energy information), and the value is essentially useless: You could just add the individual phase registers yourself!

If this is the issue that plagues you: My advice is to replace the ET340 with an EM24.

And yes: We did raise this issue with Carlo Gavazzi.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page