question

pro-electrical avatar image
pro-electrical asked

VRM not getting updates from colour gx.

Hi my VRM app has been running for a couple of weeks, but now has frozen, in the menu of the colour gx I’m getting a message saying #154 dns failure, I’ve rebooted gx, and rebooted router. Any ideas?

Thanks Phil

VRM
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

foos avatar image foos commented ·

Hi I have been having the same problems. I have hooked up the color controller to a different internet connection and it worked but when I bring it home it will not connect. All other devices connected are working fine. It will not find me Ethernet and will not automatically find an IP address either. I have followed troubleshooting guide and nothing helped there.

Would appreciate if anyone had any ideas on what’s wrong

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
pro-electrical avatar image pro-electrical foos commented ·

Out of interest what router are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Phil,

VRM definitely needs a working DNS.

To isolate internet connectivity issues on your end, please run through all the troubleshooting steps here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-9d000e4f-dfd4-e0a1-ec69-a66278548d67

Please report back either way if you solve it with those, or still have issues.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pro-electrical avatar image pro-electrical commented ·

Hi, I’ve just read through the info, I’ve checked I have both Ethernet lights lit where the line is plugged in, and then gone to my Ethernet settings, there is an ip address, and the ip configuration is unknown, all other columns are with dash’s. My internet is working fine through the router and it was previously working for 2 weeks before this problem do you have any further help?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
foos avatar image foos pro-electrical commented ·

I still have the same problem. Have you had any luck ?

0 Likes 0 ·
pro-electrical avatar image pro-electrical commented ·

Hi Guy please can you help I’ve not had a response yet,

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. commented ·

Hoi,

Ip = fixed ip or dhcp?

If fixed , maybe dual ip ( so 2 devices with same ip?)

Do yo see a valid ip in color , so NOT an 168.x.x.x , but something like 192.x.x.x ( or some peeps work with 10.x.x.x, 172.x.x.x internal) or some world ip like 218, 84,.....?

Try DNS ip for free (google) = 8.8.8.8

Kristof

0 Likes 0 ·
steffenbrand2607 avatar image
steffenbrand2607 answered ·

Same problem here with CCGX running FW 2.64:

1.jpg

2.jpg

CCGX is connected to internet router via Ethernet. Worked until last sunday, then suddenly connection was lost. CCGX says Ethernet cable is unplugged (although it is plugged to the internet router) and CCGX will therefore get no IP adress. Very strange. Need help urgently.

Thanks

1.jpg (46.1 KiB)
2.jpg (46.0 KiB)
2 |3000