question

solarsam avatar image
solarsam asked

Reset WIFI Access Point on EasySolar II GX

Hi all.

Whilst attempting to connect a client's EasySolar II to his wifi for monitoring purposes, I have accidentally toggled off the "Create Access Point" button.

I have tried using the reset button on the bottom of the unit, resetting factory defaults via VEConfig (though figure this only reset the Multiplus side of things hence having no effect on the GX), and connecting directly to the unit with my laptop yet still couldn't find a way back into the GX even through VictronConnect. Is there any certain way to reconnect/turn this access point back on?

It seems such an incredibly overlooked failure point of this interface, given the laggy nature of navigating the GX menu via WIFI, no warning confirmation before changing this setting and the evident difficulty involved in getting it to work again.

Many thanks in advance.

Venus GX - VGXEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Masquelier Pierre avatar image
Masquelier Pierre answered ·

by bluetooth. you can acces and reactivate SSID. You must be near the EasySolar, clic on LOCAL with victronconnect application with your phone. And clic on parameter/network/
Magic: the page of SSID can be reactivated.

Pierre

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

frombaut avatar image
frombaut answered ·

Connect to venus with a browser. Choose Settings-> Wi-Fi (at the bottom of the page. (by the way: scroll wheel does not work at my PC). Select Create acces point.

1707223355948.png

Go back to VictronConnect and select enable access point. At the currently software versions, I have to abort VictronConnect, otherwise this setting are reset again. Connect to the Wifi access point and browse to ip address 172.24.24.1 .

1707223355948.png (41.5 KiB)
2 |3000