question

logic28 avatar image
logic28 asked

Linx Smart Shunt fuse size

I am about to fire up my system comprising 20x 415w modules running a provisional single 5.1k battery awaiting to build an additional 310A for more storage.

As they are both going to be connected to the Linx Power In and Lynx Shunt, should I purchase a 500A CNN fuse now for the shunt or shall I start with a lower one to suit the 100A battery and upgrade later?

I have installed an additional 125A fuse on the battery line inside the Lynx power-in unit.

I'm not sure if a 500a would be seen more as a direct bridge by the 100a battery or if will protect the system just the same.

Thank you in advance

lynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

Should each battery bank be fused independently and appropriately?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

logic28 avatar image logic28 commented ·
That is the idea of the Lynx Power In unit where I installed fuses for up to 4 batteries, the question remains about the Lynx Shunt
0 Likes 0 ·
virtualburton avatar image virtualburton logic28 commented ·

I'm confused by your comment that you installed fuses on the Lynx power in. There is no space for a fuse on the links power in, only on the Lynx distributor. Could you please clarify?

0 Likes 0 ·
logic28 avatar image logic28 virtualburton commented ·

The Lynx Power In body is identical to the Distributor, all you need is the same type of 8mm bolts, stainless washers and copper-bronze locking washers inserted identically to the Distributor and you're done

1-power-in-copy.pngimg-20230522-172829-324-copy.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ virtualburton commented ·
It's an old thread.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic