question

chez-nous avatar image
chez-nous asked

Replacement charger

I am looking to replace my cristec 12v 60a charger with equivalent victron which victron charger would be the most economical ?

Currently running 5 175w victton solar panels through 2 mppt

Also have bvm 712 monitor and dc to dc isolater.

Also installed at the same time a galvanic isolater

Our cristec charger was fried after installing the above

We also have a generators on board.

Need charger for charging domestic house bank when plugged into shore or from generator

Sorry not very savvy about this stuff not too sure what other information is needed

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Chez nous it looks like a Smartsolar 100-50 is suitable for your 5 x 175w panels.

Dont forget to have a series fuse on both the positive and negative cable for each panel.

^ should 1 panel go faulty, the other 4 panels can dump their energy into it, smoke / fire.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chez-nous avatar image
chez-nous answered ·

Sorry if I was not clear. I have 2 MPPT 100/30 for the solar panels

It’s the cristec shore power charger I would like to replace With a victron. Just not sure which one I need. A phoenixes or centaur?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@Chez nous gottya.

It kind of depends on what batteries you have, and are likely to up date to.

The Centaur is only for lead acid batteries due to the locked in temperature compensation.

The Skylla suits both LA and Li. Suitable for fully integrated Victron Gx controlled systems.

The Phoenix suits both La and Li. Requires a Mk3 adapter and computer to program.

The Phoenix IP43 suits both La and Li. Can be programmed / monitored with a phone / tablet. With Smart networking you can link the charger with your BMV712 to have accurate battery voltages / temperatures. If your mppt's are Smart, you can include them into the smart network

1 Like 1 ·