question

bjwtb avatar image
bjwtb asked

Mppt and multiplus not showing in victron connect

Got my Multiplus, MPPT and Cerbo wired to my LAN.

Only the Cerbo and its remote console shows up in Victron Connect, not the Mppt and Multi. They appear in VRM though, but it would be nice to be able to monitor and configute them trough LAN without internet, bluetooth, WIFI or Mk3.

Is this even possible? Would be nice to know before switching cables and messing with communication settings.

Multiplus-IIMPPT Controllerscerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You have to select the VRM tab in VC to see the MPPT, the multi will never appear unless you connect to it via a mk3 usb adapter.

Local is purely for bluetooth/IP. Since the cerbo is the only IP device that is all you will see beyond bluetooth range.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The smart ones can be programmed over bluetooth with Victron Connect.

The rest with cables and Connect and VRM.

The Cerbo is for monitoring and control, that is its purpose

1 Like 1 ·
bjwtb avatar image
bjwtb answered ·

Thanks for the Reply.

I just hoped that connecting trough LAN would save me walking to the controls within bluetooth range. And I like basic connections and controls without bluetooth or wifi wizardry.

2 comments
2 |3000

bjwtb avatar image bjwtb commented ·
RS-232 or 485 will do. I'd like to clean up the connections.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ bjwtb commented ·
Once all the settings are done/set, it does not need to be done again and again. So really need after that.

Simple way after that is remote console over lan/WiFi. Easy to see its address on VC.

1 Like 1 ·