question

peterkulisek avatar image
peterkulisek asked

ABB B24 connecting with Cerbo GX

Hello guys,

please can somebody help me with connecting ABB B24 meter with Cerbo gx?

I have connected it with USB-RS485 cable and set B24 as described in manual (on B24 I set protocol, daub rate and parity)

But I cant find B24 on device list in VRM. USB-RS485 cable in cerbo lights up red. It needs to be somehow configured to display B24 in device list?

It ist my first Victron installation and maybe it is some trivial mistake that Im making with adding energy meter.

Thank you a lot for your answers. img-4961.jpg

Energy Meter
img-4961.jpg (3.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Is the firmware on the Cerbo up to date? You need at least version 2.92.

Which USB port do you use? The port right next to the HDMI port is only for power not for data communication.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

P.H.J. Sibbing avatar image
P.H.J. Sibbing answered ·

USB Port on the picture is a Voltage port not an USB comminication port , use port 1 or 2 , counting from the front left.

What is the B24's Adress in the Modbus ? should be 1 or 2 See page 37.

B23_B24 User Manual Document ID_ 2CMC485003M0201 Revision_ A.pdf

You also have to Switch Orange cable to B and yellow to A

1. ABB B21, B23 and B24 Energy Meter-victron.pdf

I also have a german version if required

2 |3000

peterkulisek avatar image
peterkulisek answered ·

Thank you a lot :) I was using wrong port only for power.I switched B-A cables and put USB in communication port and all is working.

2 |3000

Related Resources