question

philippe-touche avatar image
philippe-touche asked

Placement of installation solar

Hello, I am installing a small solar system. I have 2 solar Panels 460w , 1 MPPT150/35 victron ,1 Phoenix 24v1200w victron ,1 Battery Balancer victron ,1 BMV 712 smart and 2 Hubble Lithium batteries 12v100Ah .The solar panels will be installed on the garage roof ; my house is 15meter from the garage . My questions is do I set up the system in the garage and run an electric cable to the house or do I install the system in the house and run the solar cables to the house . This is just a small back up installation due to load shedding and I need to run a TV ,TVBOX ,Wifi and double door fridge.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Philippe

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·

If your Garage ist warm enough the hole year, then do it. Is there long time under 5 Celsius, put the System in the house. (Almost all batteries don’t like cold, Lithium neither for charging)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philippe-touche avatar image philippe-touche commented ·
Thank you ,Yes is warm enough ,never less then 10 celcius

Thank s appreciate

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Garage! DC does not last long over distance and your cables are going to be very big to have to compensate for that. Turn it into AC as soon as you can I’m just assuming your grid system is AC But even still the previous statement of DC tailing off fast and size of the cable still stand.

3 comments
2 |3000

philippe-touche avatar image philippe-touche commented ·

Thank you ,appreciate , the panel will be in serie ,was looking to do with 6mm solar panel cable

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza philippe-touche commented ·

6mm still not that being distance is your killer convert to as soon in a safe area if you are saying your local for the solar is your garage I would do all the conversation there and then run the AC cable to the house.

0 Likes 0 ·
philippe-touche avatar image philippe-touche daza commented ·
Thank s for your answer , appreciate
0 Likes 0 ·
philippe-touche avatar image
philippe-touche answered ·

Thank you ,appreciate , the panel will be in serie ,was looking to do with 6mm solar panel cable

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic