question

grmoore avatar image
grmoore asked

Skylla software update issue

My Skylla charger requires a firmware update. It is connected to a Cerbo, so through VictronConnect, I initiated an update. After it was complete, the device list showed the Skylla in ‘Boot Mode’. The display on the charger was also flashing ‘Boot’. I tried to cycle the power but the display continued to flash Boot and the Skylla no longer shows on the Device List. Is there a way to reset the unit?

TIA!

vrm firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi all,

After some back and forth messaging, this problem was solved by removing other NMEA2K devices from the CAN bus.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @grmoore

When you go to the VRM website, then the Skylla should be visible in the Firmware update screen. So it might be missing in the Device List on VRM, but when you go into the Firmware Update screen, it will scan again for devices and should also find devices that are in "Boot Mode". You can retry the update from there.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

grmoore avatar image
grmoore answered ·

I tried as you described and here are my results. First off, I’ll preface this by saying that I currently don’t have AC power and the charger is only powered through it’s DC connections.

On the VRM Device List, I selected Update. When the progress bar gets to about 52%, it stops during the Writing Firmware to Device stage and gives the error vup-2.

I’ll try it again when I have AC power in case that makes a difference.

Thank you!

Greg

2 |3000

grmoore avatar image
grmoore answered ·

As an update - while on AC power, I get the same result. Is there something I can do to restore the charger to factory defaults? Or if I connect to the charger with the Mk 3 USB cable and my computer would there be something different I could try?

Thanks-

Greg

2 |3000

grmoore avatar image
grmoore answered ·

Thank you Thiemo. I’m off the boat now until Saturday. I’m in the US West Coast time zone and can be there to enable remote support whenever it is convenient for you after that. Please advise as to how to do so and what information you need to be able to see it.

Thank you!

Greg

2 |3000

grmoore avatar image
grmoore answered ·

Actually, maybe I can do this remotely? Looks like I can share my installation. Is there a way to do it privately with you?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic