question

puitl avatar image
puitl asked

GX-Touch USB & HDMI: Which Pins are necessary?

Hello!

I want to extend the cable from the Cerbo-GX to my GX-Touch to the floor above and so i have to do it with a multipole-cable.

My question now: Are all Pin´s necessary?

hdmi-pins.png

usb-pins.png

touchscreen
hdmi-pins.png (34.0 KiB)
usb-pins.png (10.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wudwork avatar image
wudwork answered ·

Extending HDMI will cause issues (lag when touching screen type things). I connected my Cerbo to my computer network and use my laptop/tablet/ipad to access that same info via the website that Cerbo hosts. There is NO internet needed or used, this is all local to the inside of my camper. In fact, I do not have the touch screen from Victron, no need.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eric-tarkleson avatar image
eric-tarkleson answered ·

I suggest that customers just use an old cell phone and stick it to the wall in their office with the cerbo IP address pulled up. Since we work with a lot of remote lodges with the power room well away from the office this is a solution that gives them what they need with very little tech support needed from us to keep it running. Mostly people just want to see the state of charge and maybe manually turn on the generator if they are running heaters or laundry loads. - Double sided tape or velcro does the trick.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic