question

pnunessolar avatar image
pnunessolar asked

Equalization won't go above 64V on multiplus-2

Hello,

I have a problem with my Victron ESS system. My batteries need to equalize my traction batteries according to their brand at approximately 68V which theoretically my multiplus-2 can do (the maximum), which appears in VEConfigure. When I try to equalize with the inverter on "Keep batteries charged" and plenty of solar power coming from AC and Bluesolar charger, it limits the power at 1000w ( multiplus II 5000VA) and won't go above 64V despite being said in the manuals that equalization will go 4V above the absorption voltage (which is set to 63.55V). I don't know what to do bluesolar can't do equalization because it's external controlled by Cerbo GX and my multiplus won't correspond to what's configured. This happened after I updated to latest firmware v502. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

equalisation
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@pnunessolar pretty sure that the max charging voltage is limited to 64v.

Has been 64v for quite some time.

0 Likes 0 ·
pnunessolar avatar image pnunessolar klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Yeah you are right but that is applied when charging normally. I went to confirm in the veconfigure and it says 67/68v which should be usable. I already got it to go upt to 66v once. That's all I needcaptura-de-ecra-2023-05-31-171335.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

How many amps are flowing during equalize?
Maybe, there are not not enough amps flowing vs Battery Bank size in Amp-Hours?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pnunessolar avatar image pnunessolar commented ·

When equalizing the flow after getting into 64V is 6Amps, but I have 3.5kw of production available to use so it would use them I think. My battery bank is between 450 and 500ah since they are refurbished. They worked very well when I could equalize but now... they can't anymore.captura-de-ecra-2023-05-31-171659.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ pnunessolar commented ·
@pnunessolar

Have you ruled out ...

Voltage drop (where are the battery readings coming from)

How are your triggering equalise?

0 Likes 0 ·
pnunessolar avatar image pnunessolar Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I activated equalizing through Cerbo GX. The voltage is coming from a smartshunt but the readings are equal to the bluesolar charger and I think multiplus reading would be the same as well... but I'm not 100% sure
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic