question

houser avatar image
houser asked

Total Solar available in VRM via MPPT?

Hello,

Had our MPPT and some other Victron gear in the VRM for a few weeks now. Very happy.
one obvious things that I seem to be unable to figure out is if the VRM can tell the total about of solar that has been available? Not just what is used, which seems to be named "yield" in the VRM.
Typically what I might want it for is planning ahead with data to add more usage and solar panels.

Am I missing something obvious here? Many thanks.

MPPT ControllersVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Houser. No, it can't show you what it *might* have produced, but the VRM graphs can show you the 'bite' out of the typical bell-curve when clipping on a clear day. You could have a stab at integrating that, and even use estimates from hourly Dashboard columns to help do that.

In practice, the difference between summer & winter (& cloud) will overwhelm inaccuracies. More time will show you..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

houser avatar image
houser answered ·

Thanks JohnC. appreciate your answer. Many thanks

2 |3000