question

Ed Jones avatar image
Ed Jones asked

MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-95 120V "Unknown product (2723) in VictronConnect 5.90

I have two of these new (to North America) units and both aren't fully recognized by VictronConnect 5.90. Firstly, they are displayed as VE.Direct devices in VictronConnect:

screenshot-2023-05-29-at-110619-am.png

Then, once connected to this VE.Bus device it still shows "Unknown product (2723)":

screenshot-2023-05-29-at-110720-am.png

And already has v502 of the firmware loaded from the factory:

screenshot-2023-05-29-at-110743-am.png

Is there a soon-to-be-released version of VictronConnect that will support this new Multi?

Is there a newer version of firmware that is needed?

Thank you

Multiplus-IIfirmware update
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Ed Jones

Does it allow the manual update? Even though it says the latest version is there?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ed Jones avatar image Ed Jones Alexandra ♦ commented ·
The function works, but I did not try to manually update the FW. What would this achieve?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Ed Jones commented ·

Possibly might corrrect the identity issue.

Is the driver for the mk3 up to date?

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

How do you connect to the Multiplus? With a VE.Bus Smart Dongle?

For full functionality you need a MK3-USB interface.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ed Jones avatar image Ed Jones seb71 commented ·
I'm using a MK3-USB interface
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks for reporting, the VictronConnect team is fixing it now.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ed Jones avatar image Ed Jones commented ·
I wasn't sure if it was a firmware issue or a VictronConnect issue. Thank you for clarifying! I figured it was an identifier issue of some sort because I could still program it via VictronConnect like any other modern VE.Bus device. I did not try using VEconfigure because I left my one Windows computer at home. I also didn't try VE.Bus System Configurator since I was just trying to make sure they were functional after a shipping "mishap" coming from the VE warehouse. :-) I'll test these programs out later this week to see if there any issues with them and the new Multis.

Thanks again

0 Likes 0 ·
chamberwil avatar image
chamberwil answered ·

Hello All,

What the resolution to this issue? I am currently experiencing this with a MII 24v with the same firmware. I also can’t safe my configurations from my unit to do any updates.

2 |3000