question

fordens avatar image
fordens asked

Isolator switch between Victron Lithium battery and BMS

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if I can fit an isolator switch right between the Victron 330ah smart battery and the BMS (connected to the Distributor busbar on the left side)?

All the schematics on the Victron site show the batters being connected directly to the BMS busbar but I prefer them to be able to be switched off individually if needed. this is also a recommendation by the Boat Safety Scheme so I prefer to follow their advice (and I do my narrowboat refurbishment).

I know there is a very fine and precise battery current reading by the BMS, so I wonder if a isolator fitted inline will affect the battery management process? Off course, the bank of 4 batteries will have absolutely identical isolators and cable lengths (positive and negative), would you see any issues? Cheers

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Fordens,

Yes, you can easily do that. Just make sure the isolator switch is properly sized for current and voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fordens avatar image
fordens answered ·

Thanks, Stephanie, for your answer, very helpful :)

2 |3000

Related Resources