question

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. asked

victron transfer switch for PV inverter swithing

hoi,

could i use a victron transfer switch to switch the PV inverter between grid and the quattro ac-output?

i think it should work, the only thing i see "wrong" is the freq (50hz). if it switches to fast.

to solve this i think i need a 10sec delay on the input 2 also?

why and how i wanne use it :

how:

switchbox input 2= grid

switchbox input 1= inverter output (my load) and the K11 ( output will the triggered via a 12v relais in front of that = via pulse from quattro relais)

switchbox output = pv inverter

working with the relais function in the quattro= PV use till 90% battery soc than switch to the grid

and switch back from grid to battery at 75% battery soc.

so if i see this right, "shore" (input 2) is always on , except when the pulse-relais is active (input 1. after 10sec.)

why:

because the PV on quattro output , keeps on losing power (switches off whenand battery is almost full) and because the freq. shifting is not working very good , ABB inverter)

and PV on the quattro input , does not use that power to load battery

//KG

cos230103100_victron-ve-transfer-switch-10kva-230v(1).pdf

switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The PV on the Quattro input will be used to charge the battery if you also have an energy meter between the PV and the grid.

You may still wish to pursue your experiment though, because you will lose AC PV in a blackout if it is left on the grid side.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

Hoi Guy,

Indeed i will test my experiment , i have made an order , hope to recieve it soon.

I will post my findings here and maybe it works good ;-)

The Pv on ac input side...does not work for some reason here..i have an et112 on PV and et112 on gridside. but no big deal on that if my experiment works :D

//kg

2 |3000

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

Your browser does not support HTML5 video.

For the ones that are interested in swtiching from grid to victron with a PV inverter ,

It works with a Siemens logo system and relays and (for me) a 315mhz TX and RX module.

The signal goes into the Siemens Logo , with that signal he switches the relays between grid and the victron output-1

Everytime (between switches) the PV-inverter goes down for 8 sec. to sync back with the freq. and voltage at that time.

Even i made a sort of security status on it, so it can only switch for 3 times a day, because for me the quattro relay goes on @ 90% and falls down @ 80% soc.)

all goes as planned, BUT i have a little issue , sometimes between the switches (grid - victron) my Diff on the victron input blows.

i think it has to do with the internal setup of the relay?

https://www.elektrobode.nl/products/schneider-electric-ict-magneetschakelaar-4p-2m2v-63a-230v-a9c20868

maybe someone else has an idea why my Diff. (0.3A) trips?

grtz kristof

test situation :

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic