question

m1kkel avatar image
m1kkel asked

New installation - acting weird

Hi

I have a strange issue. 3 phase ess with 3x Multiplus, batteries, cerboGX and a Victron EM340 Grid meter.

When inverters are shut off, the grid meter is showing correct readings. Eg. 850 watt usage on ac loads. When i set the system online, it will fluctuate between 0 watt usage and 5500 watt, and sometimes it will draw 10.000 watt from the battery and export it all to grid for a very short moment, and then it goes to 0, 1300 watt, 4000 watt and after some time it exports 10000 watt again. (solar is all the time around 3000 watt production). It also sometimes pumps current into the battery (a lot) just for a very short while.

It does not make sense. The grid meter is installed at the edge, before the power cable goes outside the house.

When i shut off the inverters, the grid meter is not acting weird.

Is it installed in the wrong position?

My multiplus'es are wired in AC-IN. Im using ess and export excess solar

ESSEnergy Meter
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

The PV panels are connected to MPPT(s) or to a PV inverter?

What battery (and BMS)? Any SmartShunt/BMV?

0 Likes 0 ·
m1kkel avatar image m1kkel seb71 commented ·
Pv is connected to mppt’s.

Bms is batrium, and shunt is also batrium. Dvcc is enabled.

I have an idea as to what can be the issue.

In order to get the inverters to sync up with the three phases, I had to switch L1 and L3 in the panel just before the inverters. (Here in Denmark it’s normal that the phases are switched to distribute load from the utility side. However the phases are not switched in the energy meter.

So when the meter sees 1000 watt consumption on L1, the inverter on L3 will actually push 1000 watt out. That way it can never accomplish the grid set point. Why it accelerates to 10.000 watt when load is 900, I still don’t understand.

Do you think this could be the issue ?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers