question

jaro2k avatar image
jaro2k asked

How to route internet connection from WIFI to ETH port?

I have Venus GX and Cerbo GX devices connected to Internet via WIFI.

If I connect computer to Ethernet port on GX device, would it be possible to access Internet from this computer? If so, what do I need to do to setup such us IP routing?

Thanks in advance.

wifiethernet
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@jaro2k No, the network connection needs a generated IP address of which normally a network switch or router provides this. It might be possible to use a crossover cable for a direct connection between a PC and the Multiplus but your better off having a managed switch, a unmanaged switch connected to a router or connect it directly to your router.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@jaro2k No, the network connection needs a generated IP address of which normally a network switch or router provides this. It might be possible to use a crossover cable for a direct connection between a PC and the Multiplus but your better off having a managed switch, a unmanaged switch connected to a router or connect it directly to your router.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic