question

mik-poore avatar image
mik-poore asked

220v feed to 110v Multiplus ?

Hi All. Awkward one. I have a 120v yacht which is being fed through lithium batteries to 2 x Multiplus inverters (120v) . When in Europe and connected to shore power the incoming 220v supplies the battery charger ( Skyla TG 24/100) only and then the power to the yacht both 120v and 220v are supplied by the Multiplus and a Auto transformer for the 220v. The owner has asked my to try and change the system so that when plugged into 220v the multiplus inverters can be fed directly from the incoming mains. Obviously the solution is a transformer to drop the incoming down to 120 but the largest Isolating transformer is 3600. Can another autotransformer such as the 120/240 - 100 be used as a standard transformer? I didn't design this system and it is a bit of a puzzle. Mik

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Mik Poore

Because it is a yatch, there is no way to get away from glavanic isolation. So it would need to pass through at least that.

Or at least that is my understanding from wiring unlimited.

From what I do understand there is a model from victron that allows 220v and 120v output depends on connection.

Also not an expert on either just read the articles.

You could always contact a local victron seller for more advice.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.